Work-related injuries and fatalities, strict government policy and the development of new products are the main drivers of protective clothing market. Protective clothing should provide protection against flames, chemicals, biological agents, punctures, insects, rain, cold, ultraviolet (UV) rays and extreme heat, etc. Few notable developments are super repellent coatings, electrospun nanofibers, fibers with new cross sections, smart textiles and biomimetic materials (inspired by nature). Investments in research in areas such as nanotechnology and smart materials lead to new technologies that bring advancements and new protective clothing to the market.
Based on these factors, the global protective clothing market is expected to break through US $ 9 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow over 6% CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2030.
Outbreak of Covid-19 Disease Increasing Demand for Protective Clothing Worldwide
The Covid-19 epidemic that started in China has now spread around the world. From 7e In April 2020, the total number of registered positive cases was 1.4 million and 81,049 total deaths. It has affected more than 209 countries and territories so far. With the exception of some essential products and services, all businesses are temporarily closed. According to the World Economic Forum, the economies of the United States and the euro area are expected to resume their full development until 2023. The pandemic has created a sudden need for protective clothing among doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. health.
The use of overalls and lab coats is in high demand among healthcare professionals, lab testers, etc. The companies are facing a huge demand for protective clothing and hence, they are now expanding their production capacity to meet the growing demand of the market. Lakeland Industries Inc., DuPont, has increased its production capacity for protective clothing. Many other companies have also started the production of protective clothing to meet national and global demand for the fight against Covid-19.
Key Points From Protective Clothing Market Research
- East Asia is expected to dominate the global protective clothing market due to the increased demand for protective clothing in hospitals to eliminate the spread of disease and treat patients with coronavirus, associated with the presence large number of leading companies in China and Japan. Moreover, the large number of low-cost labor and the availability of raw materials in East Asia are also factors in the growth of the protective clothing market in the region.
- According to IMF, the coveralls segment is expected to register higher sales than its counterparts such as vests, jackets, aprons, etc. The growing need for protection in the chemical and manufacturing sector and the healthcare industries has boosted sales of suits.
- Non-woven materials are mainly used in the protective clothing market. He should hold the largest share during the forecast. Advances in nanotechnology and materials such as electrospun nanofibers, fibers with new cross sections, smart textiles and biomimetic materials are expected to experience robust growth during the forecast.
- The manufacturing sector holds the largest share of the global protective clothing market. However, the healthcare industry is expected to grow at a significant CAGR due to the high demand for coveralls, lab coats and medical products. Additionally, the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has increased a huge demand for protective clothing across the world.
Expansion of manufacturing capacity to increase product offering
Currently, market organizations are focused on expanding their manufacturing base to meet growing demand. The WHO (World Health Organization) has urged country governments to work with businesses to increase production of medical and healthcare protective clothing and equipment needed in view of the global epidemic of pandemic. Well-established company DuPont has increased production of Tyvek Hazardous Materials Protective Coveralls, which is important to protect doctors and nurses battling the pandemic on the front lines.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING MARKET TAXONOMY
The global protective clothing market is segmented in detail to cover all aspects of the market and present the readers with comprehensive market information.
type of product
End use industry
- Petroleum gas
- Health care
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)